Parish Council News for May 2019
New Parish Council takes shape:
Beckington Parish Council held its Annual Meeting on May 14th this was the first meeting of the new Council after the May elections. Councillor Mark Wilson was elected as Parish Council Chairman for 2019/20, Cllr Wilson will take on the responsibility for getting the Allotments and the Association up and running (along with the Parish Clerk). The Council divides up the responsibilities across its Membership so that the Chairman that is not responsible for everything:
• Cllr Roland Kelly is responsible for Councils Planning and Development Portfolio, this means he coordinates the Parish Councils response to all tree and planning applications made to Mendip District Council.
• Cllr Kevin Bishop holds the Highways & Transport Portfolio, meaning that he looks after any issues relating to the same for the Council.
• Cllr Liz Wright is the Councils Rep to Rudge, as well as the Footpaths and Rights of way rep.
• Cllr Clive Winterbourne will continue to look after the Environment Portfolio. Clive helps keep an eye on all the new dog bins and is the fly-tipping supremo as well as looking after the Council assets.
• Cllr Paula Fox - S106 local developer money coordinator.
• Mr Simon Pritchard - Rep / Trustee to the Memorial Hall.
Full contact details for all the Members can be found on the Parish Council website. If you wanted to contact the Council about an issue not covered above, then please contact the Clerk in the first instance.
Looking for a new member:
The Parish Council is also on the lookout for one more member to join the team. You may already be interested in one of the areas that have been outlined above or have a completely different interest to bring to the Council. Maybe you would like to kickstart a project for raising funds to replace the playground or maybe you want to see more land obtained for recreation / allotments. If you have drive, energy and a good plan the Council would be pleased to hear from you - please contact the Clerk.